Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Night Escape - by Travis Peck















Night Escape
by Travis Peck

Inside feeling like the outside looks,
No way to leave this prison of crooks,
Placed between the granite walls,
In my last good pair of coveralls.

Greased wheels creaking,
And the oils all gone,
We need to turn around,
So we can reach back home

This isn’t the time or the place,
For your witnesses disgrace,
My polite attitude,
And my worsening mood.

I need the uplift,
Before the dayshift,
And the night quits,
Breaking beams on my head.

When the water flows dark
And though time for bed,
My legs keep running,
As the gun fires coming.

Until the heart wound heals,
And the wild bird squeals,
Whistles and tweets,
My time keeps moving in time with my feet.

As fast as I can run,
As the midnight comes,
And under pressure building tight,
Fires blaze in my hearts delight.

Create a mystery for the highest on high,
My savior seems to just pass me by.

And so now we see,
The light to be free,
And the place we always wanted to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment