Friday, May 18, 2012

Retire - by Travis Peck

Retire
by Travis Peck

If I could find a porch to just sit and rock,
you could find me whenever you need me.
That would be my place my one and only spot,
you could stay away if you can’t stand to see me.

Watch the twilight fade to dawn and
sunshine take over the night light glow.
While the morning breeze rocks me,
rocks me soft and slow.

I wouldn’t break to eat or smoke or drink,
my thoughts would be of you.
So someday when the work is over,
I know just what I’ll do.

Find a porch of crisp wood grain,
pounded by the snow and rain,
with my chair swaying back and forth,
Til the next thought strikes my brain.

As I search and seek for perfect serenity,
In the woods near the lake I see,
Nothing short of miraculous divinity,
In my spot for rocking and letting peace be.

No comments:

Post a Comment