Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Poems for Preston(or other kids)- by Travis Peck

Measuring up
Would you do me a favor and measure me,
No matter how hard I can not see,
The top of my head keeps moving around,
I keep trying to see but fall on the ground,
Head over heels I flip and I flop,
I wish I could measure from bottom to top,
My arms won’t reach and my tape is to short,
Moms are good help with problems this sort.


Up on my toes
Thank goodness thank goodness,
I’m finally here,
Just tall enough to go way up there!
I’ve dreamed of this moment,
Since life first began,
Now the days finally here, flatfooted I stand.
I’m next in line, I see the sign,
Must be this tall,
To ride on this ride.
I step one more step and just by a nose,
I’m still to short, but wait…
Not up on my toes.

  
Mud Pies with Flies
My mother will love it,
She’s my biggest fan,
She’ll be astounded,
I used her best pan.

It’s like no creation,
That I’ve ever made,
Not the pickled rock soup,
Or the hot lemonade.

Much better than raw chicken,
Cooked in the sun,
Or the melted cheese and worms,
On a hot dog bun.
 
It goes far beyond,
My dog fur surprise,
It’s better than grass pasta,
And pinecone fries.

I’ll have chef status,
At the fair first prize,
When mom eats my signature dish,
Mud pies with flies.


Helen keeps Yellin 
Excuse me Mrs. Clark,
But could you please,
Tell Helen to stop yellin,
She’s making me sneeze.











I know it sounds crazy,
But each time she shouts,
My nose loses control,
And stuff starts flying out.

Helen keeps Yellin,
And it makes my skin crawl,
She just did it again,
Now my skins on the wall.

I do hate to bother you,
I know you are busy,
But Helen keeps yellin,
And it’s making me dizzy.

The room it is spinning,
My brain can not focus,
Helen keeps yellin,
It’s no hocus pocus.

I’m afraid if she doesn’t,
Stop all this distracting,
I won’t be able to control,
How I’m acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment