Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Smart Kid that Preston

Today, I am completely bragging about my son. (If you are offended, too bad.)

Preston is one of the coolest kids on the planet. I can’t believe he is already eight years old and stands 4’9”. He has played soccer and basketball and has a major league arm. His physical abilities are only shadowed by his academic achievements thus far.

A few weeks back he took a test for what we used to call the gifted and talented program, now known as PEP. He scored in the 99th percentile and only missed 4 questions on the entire test!

In the same week he took a reading test and his score placed him at an 11th grade level.

I’m not saying the kid is a genius but he remembers things from when he was three years old. I don’t remember things from three minutes ago.

Preston will finish up the school year this Friday and I can’t wait to see what he teaches me during the summer.

Next stop MENSA. http://www.us.mensa.org/

P.S.

What a great Warrior Dash trainer he has been so far this week! That kid is the best!





 

1 comment: