Monday, April 9, 2012

Self control and chronic procrastination.



Self control and chronic procrastination.

I once had a professor say he was great with self control as long as his options were limited to nothing. His example was a bag of Doritos. “If I have a bag of Doritos, I’m going to eat the whole bag of Doritos. On the other hand if I don’t buy the bag of Doritos, I won’t eat them.”

I think sometimes this is my problem in many aspects of life. If in fact I am limited, my ability to make clear decisions seems more acute. Another great example would be the work/housework scenario. This skill starts when we are young and for most of us carries over into adulthood. Let’s say you have a five page paper due. At that exact moment your brain says ‘Hey you know what I haven’t done in a while... cleaned out my closet.’ The funny thing about this is that both tasks need to be done but one just seems a bit less obnoxious.

Someday I hope I get paid a lot of money for my creativity. Now that I put that out there, I need to focus my attention on one or two aspects and keep at them until they become reality. I only recently gave up on my male modeling career so that opens up a little time. Between song writing, singing, blogging and writing for fun I seem to have a dream that is big but because I don’t put 100% into one particular thing I feel like a true Jack-of-all-trades, master of none. Follow through, that’s what it comes down to right? I have taken on physical challenges in the past with great success, why not creative challenges?

How do you know if there are opportunities out there waiting for you to pounce if you never leave the house? It is at this point in my 29 years I feel the most confident in me. Between accomplishing goals, working hard and building a life to be proud of my self awareness is up even when my procrastination and control might be down. This week marks the start of big things. (Details to follow)

I wrote out a list of goals for the year. I have not accomplished any of them yet. April seems like enough procrastination. Wasting time is like cheating God daily. We have been given gifts and abilities we should use them as best we can. Much shall be accomplished this week and you will be the first to know of any major breakthroughs. Only 9 months until the big ‘30’ on the cake, let’s get started or better yet finished.

2 year financial plan:

- DEBT
- Make Money
- DEBT
- Make Money
- Bills
- Make Money
- NO MORE DEBT.
- Make Money
- Bills
- HAVE FUN!
- Make lots of money
- HAVE MORE FUN
- Money makes money
- Bills
- Have the most fun possible!
- (Preston gets a MacArthur genius grant )

2 year fitness plan
- Eat less
- Work out more
- Eat less
- Work out more.
Fitness achieved!






No comments:

Post a Comment